1. Safety glasses are to be worn at all times in the laboratory.
2. No food in the labs (including water bottles).
3. No smoking in labs.
4. No open flames allowed in lab unless approved by your TA (i.e., pulling capillaries).
5. All glass waste is disposed immediately into the glass waste containers (blue box labeled glass waste). Syringe needles are disposed in the designated plastic container in the hood.
6. Contact lenses should not be worn in the laboratory.
7. Shorts and short skirts are not allowed.
8. Any student under the care of a physician for either acute or chronic medical reasons (e.g.; diabetes, essential hypertension, epilepsy, pulmonary disease) and/or is pregnant should advise his/her physician that s/he is taking organic chemistry lab. Also, the student should advise the Chemistry Lab Instructor immediately.
9. No cell phones or beepers in labs. Please try to concentrate on
your lab work.
Any student whose deliberate or negligent acts or omissions endanger his/her own safety or that of others may be expelled from the laboratory. Lab safety will be discussed at the first lab lecture.