Synthetic Organic Chemistry
• Therillia Development Company Inc. launches with initial focus on chemistry discovered in the Harran laboratory. (http://www.therillia.com)
• Welcome to our Amgen Scholars Summer Student, Sara Daley from Boston College, and our CSST exchange student, Junyu Gong from Nankai University.
• Harran Laboratory awarded NIH grant to study synthetic antagonists of mBOAT functions.
• Harran Laboratory awarded NIH grant to study synthetic prodiginines as potentiators of apoptosis.
• Ken Lawson's doctoral thesis receives committee approval. Congratulations, Dr. Lawson!
• Dr. James Frederich accepts faculty appointment at Florida State University.
• Professor Harran receives the Hanson-Dow Award for Excellence in Teaching.
• Ken Lawson has accepted a postdoctoral position at Harvard University starting in Spring 2014.
• Ken Lawson and Tristan Rose's paper, "Template Constrained Macrocyclic Peptides Prepared from Native, Unprotected Precursors," was accepted in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
• Andrew Roberts departs for a postdoctoral position at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Best of luck, Andrew.
• Congratulations to Kimberly Lau for receiving the Raymond and Dorothy Wilson Endowment summer research fellowship.
• Welcome to our incoming summer rotation students: Andrew Carlson, Rocky Chiang, Elias Picazo and Andres Uribe-Rodriguez.
• Andrew Roberts will be presenting his thesis research at the graduate symposium on June 8, 2013.
Jim Frederich was awarded the MBI Postdoctoral Award and Amgen Prize.
• Jack Bracken was named a Senior Foote Fellow.
• Ken Lawson and Tristan Rose's manuscript, "Template-induced macrocycle diversity through large-ring forming alkylations of tryptophan," was accepted for the Tetrahedron Prize Special Issue.
• Tristan Rose received funding for his CRCC proposal to create new small molecules useful for probing the functions of the mitotic rotamase PIN1.
• Jim Frederich awarded an American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Contact usDepartment of Chemistry and Biochemistry
University of California, Los Angeles
5505A Molecular Sciences Building
607 Charles E.Young Drive, East
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Lab Phone: (310) 825-1512