Synthetic Organic Chemistry
• Welcome to our incoming summer rotation students: Brandan Barry, Andrew Carlson, Rocky Chiang and Andres Uribe-Rodriguez.
• Andrew Roberts will be presenting his thesis research at the graduate symposium on June 8, 2013.
Jim Frederich was awarded the MBI Postdoctoral Award and Amgen Prize.
• Jack Bracken was named a Senior Foote Fellow.
• Ken Lawson and Tristan Rose's manuscript, "Template-induced macrocycle diversity through large-ring forming alkylations of tryptophan" was accepted for the Tetrahedron Prize Special Issue.
• Tristan Rose received funding for his CRCC proposal to create new small molecules useful for probing the functions of the mitotic rotamase PIN1.
• Jim Frederich awarded an American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship.
University of California, Los Angeles
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
5505A Molecular Sciences Building
607 Charles E.Young Drive, East
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Lab Phone: (310) 825-1512