• Anton El-Khoury wins a departmental Excellence in Teaching Award. Congratulations Anton!
• Professor Harran delivers the inaugural Robert Foster Cherry Lecture at Baylor University
• Warm welcome to new graduate students Angel Mendoza, Morris Dweck and Ani Mustafa.
• Zhengao, Tyler and Evan's marineosin total synthesis is published in JACS.
• Dr. Zhengao Feng departs for a new position at FMC Corporation. Congratulations Zhengao!
• Harran laboratory involved in a unique UCLA start-up.
• Welcome to our incoming summer rotation students: Cesar Garcia and Morris Dweck.
• Tyler Allred submits a beautiful thesis and departs for a postdoc with Larry Overman at UC Irvine. Best of luck Dr. Allred!
• Mr. Cole Meyer awarded the Dean’s Prize at Research Poster Day 2018. He is off to graduate school at UT Austin. Knock their socks off Cole!
• Dr. Francesco Manoni accepts a position at Amgen in Thousand Oaks. Congratulations Francesco!
• Dyana Kenanova received the Raymond & Dorothy Wilson Research Fellowship at the departmental awards ceremony and is off to graduate school
at the University of California, San Francisco. We wish her all the best!
• Brice and Francesco’s article is published in the J. Organic Chemistry.
• Francesco, Cory and Rupert’s manuscript on callyspongiolide synthesis is highlighted in the Royal Society's Chemistry World.
• Hui, David and Emily’s patent application on inhibitors of the ghrelin O-acyl transferase has been licensed by Enspire Bio., Inc.
• Francesco, Cory and Rupert’s manuscript on callyspongiolide synthesis is published.
• Dr. Brice Curtin has filed his thesis and is off to a post-doc at MIT. Best of luck Brice!
Evan Hurlow's beautiful cover design accepted for the thematic issue
of Chemical Reviews featuring Tyler and Francesco's manuscript.
Professor Harran finishes another perfect summer with South Central Scholars.
What a spectacular group of young people. Look out college, here they come!
• Welcome to our incoming graduate summer students, Evan Hurlow, Salvador Bernardino, and Anton El Khoury, as well as our CSST exchange scholar, Wenjing Wei.
• Professor Harran interviewed for Australian Broadcasting Corp's "The Science Show".
• Dr. Andrew Roberts has accepted a faculty position at the University of Utah and will open his new laboratory in August.
• Dyana Kenanova has been awarded Raymond and Dorothy Wilson Fellowship and Cole Meyer has received the Alpha Chi Sigma Summer Research Fellowship. Congratulations, Dyana and Cole!
• Tyler and Francesco's manuscript entitled "Exploring the Boundaries of ‘Practical’: De Novo Syntheses of Complex Natural Product-Based Drug Candidates" has been accepted in a special issue of Chemical Reviews.
• Professor Harran delivers IOC Foundation Yoshida Award lectures at Kyoto and Osaka Universities in Japan.
Professor Harran visits his former student Anthony Burgett and delivers the
Karcher-Barton Lecture at the University of Oklahoma.
Celebrating the group’s recent total synthesis of callyspongiolide
and Cory’s last weekend in Los Angeles. We wish Cory the
very best as he returns home to Switzerland.
• Dr. Tristin Rose nominated for a Chancellor's Postdoctoral Award and starts new job at EvoRx in Pasadena. Good luck Tristin!
• Research in the Harran Laboratory recognized with the Herbert Newby McCoy Award.
Hui Ding's work on DZ-2384 is featured in the UCLA Newsroom.
Happy Halloween from the Harran laboratory!
• Dr. Hui Ding's collaborative paper was accepted in Science Translational Medicine. This work represents the culmination of a nearly 15-year effort in the Harran laboratory.
• The lab welcomes Mr. Corentin Rumo, a visiting scholar on leave from the University of Fribourg, Switzerland.
• A wonderful trip down memory lane for the Harran group, courtesy of Professor Mark Peczuh at UConn.
Professor Harran wraps up another great summer
with the South Central Scholars program.
• Welcome to our incoming summer rotation students: Joseph Jaye, James McDaniel, Monica Pengshung, and Luke Sisto.
• Jack Bracken has won the Pfizer-UCLA Dissertation Award. Congratulations, Jack!
• Welcome to our undergraduate researchers Craig Clark and Dyana Pacas.
• Tristin and Brice's manuscript on macrocyclic pyrroloindolines has been accepted in Chemical Science.
• The lab welcomes Dr. Takuya Fujimoto, a visiting scientist on leave from Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Japan.
• Welcome to Dr. Zhengao Feng who recently completed his Ph.D at UC Santa Barbara.
• Professor Harran has been elected a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
• Welcome to our summer rotation student, Ethan Rosser, and our CSST exchange student, Liubo Li.
• Tristin Rose has won the Aldrich-UCLA Dissertation Award. Congratulations, Tristin!
• Brandon Sumida has won the prestigious Geissman Award for Undergraduates. We wish Brandon the best as he moves on to medical school at Cornell.