Chemistry Societies and Organizations
- American Chemical Society
- ACS Member-Get-A-Member Campaign
- Get a Periodic Table of Elements Blanket!
- Southern California Section of the American Chemical Society
- Alpha Chi Sigma, Beta Gamma Chapter
- UCLA's professional chemistry fraternity
- UCLA Academic Advancement Program (AAP)
- If you qualify for AAP, you gain access to additional academic advising, workshops, mentoring, summer programs, scholarships, and excellent peer facilitated tutoring. AAP tutoring usually covers classes from most departments including LS to chemistry to even economics.
- Atheletics Peer Learning Lab (APLL)
- APLL provides tutoring for student-atheletes in courses such as GEs and select math/science courses.
- Life Sceinces Peer Learning Center (PLF)
- The LS Department's Peer Learning Facilitators (PLF) are an excellent resource for all lower division LS courses.
- Undergraduate Writing Center
- Need help with a writing assignment? The Undergraduate Writing Center can help proofread your work and even brainstorm ideas with you!
- Math Department Tutor List
- List of math tutors for a wide range of topics from lower division math classes to GRE prep.
- Chemistry Department Tutor List
- List of tutors for general chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, biochemistry, and other subjects.
- OnlineCourses.com is a great resource for students to obtain supplemental materials to complement their courses. OnlineCourses offers students a database of open courseware from the world's leading universities, is updated yearly and is freely available to students.
- Check out the Chemistry and Science sections for materials that may pertain to your courses.
- Full of tips and resources for organic chemists of many levels
- Spectral Database for Organic Compounds,SDBS
- Popular database for literature IR, NMR, etc.
- Inorganic Mechanics - includes animations
- ACS Conference Presentations
- Chemical & Engineering News: What's That Stuff?
- An archive of thoughtfully written articles that describe everyday materials
- Utilizes graphics to make reading journals significantly easier
- Undergraduate Research Center at UCLA
- Summer Research Programs at UCLA
- Biomedical Research Minor
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) - NSF
- Competitive, funded research opportunities all over the country
- "How to be resourceful problem solver: Tips and insights for achieving great research"
- Web of Knowledge
- Popular journal/article database
- Chemistry Reddit
- Chemical Forums
- Chemistry Blog
- Experimental Error
- SMACS compilation of fun sites, cartoons and videos related to chemistry!